You don’t have to drink wine to appreciate the wine country of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl, but it helps. Whether you imbibe or not, the quaint towns and magnificent farms and homes, the mountains and valleys covered in vines and fruit trees, the art and the architecture, all add up to a delightful day in the countryside for wine boffins and happy non-drinkers alike.
- Visits to 3 or 4 wine estates, old & new, traditional & modern, small boutique farms & large commercial estates, in each of the 3 wine regions. (Vergenoegd, Tokara, Muratie, Bellevue, Delaire-Graff, Boschendal, Dieu Donne, or your favourite request.)
- Wine & Cheese tastings & cellar-tours.
- Walking tour of historic Stellenbosch, the second oldest town in SA.
- Oom Samie se Winkel, Turn-of-the-Century General Dealer / Museum / Coffee shop. A blast from the past.
- Lunch on a wine estate in Franschhoek, gourmet capital of SA, either outdoors under the oak trees, or indoors by the fire-place, depending on weather, (Lunch at own expense.)
- Optional Franschhoek Wine Tram, visiting more stunning wine farms, time-permitting.
- Return to hotel / guesthouse or V&A Waterfront.
|Private Tours:||R1,100.00 per person (min.1)
R2,500.00 (3 to 5 persons)
|Group Tours:||R800.00 per person (min. 2)|